7. The Problem Of The Honorable Wife
Case file: #
Maurice Maddock: Sabotage.
Original broadcast date: 31 October 1965
This episode rerun 15 May 1966
Inspector Lewis Erskine and S.A.C. Jim Rhodes race to prevent episonage. Here, police avert a bombing of a warehouse full of supplies for Vietnam. Inspector Erskine is unaware that a student demonstration is planned as a diversion; he has to track down the saboteur.
- One notable fact: The saboteur is married to a Japanese woman. She helps to care for a redhaired girl whose mother seems to neglect her. The interactions between the two makes this episode unusual, especially by 1965 standards; normally, Asians were portrayed as very subservient. Writer Jo Pagano wrote an interesting episode indeed.
- This is the first episode to feature Peter Mark Richman, billed here as Mark Richman. This multi-talented actor had already acted in The Twilight Zone (in 1964), and would eventually act in over 500 productions. This episode was the first of several episodes he would play in. And, of course, he plays a villain here.
- Jason Evers plays Special Agent Allen Bennett, a role taken over by Lew Brown in the second season.
- One interesting car: A 1961 Ford two-door sedan.
|Peter Mark Richman (as Mark Richman)||Maury Maddock|
|Miiko Taka||Akiko Maddock|
|Donald Harron||Paul Lawrence|
|Jason Evers||Allen Bennett|
|Louise Troy||Doris Mafalda|
|Harry Millard||Clay Ashland|
|Adam Williams||David Brice|
|Bert Remsen||Spectrographic Examiner|
|James Sikking||Hair and Fibers Expert|
|Directed by: Don Medford
Written by: Jo Pagano