|Edward Asner||Walter Gretzler|
|Martin Sheen||Norman Gretzler|
|Russell Johnson||Phillip Graham|
|Jim McMullan||John Graham|
|Ian Wolfe||Marshall Graham|
|Addison Powell||Darryl Sloan|
|Carl Reindel||Bobby Hendricks|
|John Kerr||Special Agent (Chicago)|
|Directed by: Robert Douglas
Written by: Charles Larson
Story by: David Vowell
Malachi Throne's False Face character from the 1966 Batman series has competition! And they look like the Blues Brothers! Episodes of the Caped Crusader were airing even as late as this month. From left, Ed Asner and Martin Sheen.
73. The Dynasty
Walter Gretzler, Norman Gretzler: Kidnapping
Original air date: 7 January 1968
Rerun 2 June 1968
A millionaire refuses to pay the ransom for his kidnapped brother, forcing the F.B.I. to move fast in order to save the victim's life. Good episode. Ed Asner and Martin Sheen play an uncle/nephew pair who kidnap a Chicago businessman, after they determine that he took the same route, which crossed the Indiana/Illinois state line.
We also see that the kidnap victim's older brother reunites with his father after a nine-year separation. Complicating matters are two thieves who strip the Shelby Cobra the kidnap victim is driving. Those two shoot at the Feds, and are taken down after S.A.C. Tom Colby fires tear gas at them.
Inspector Erskine and Special Agent Colby finally go undercover as auto supply drivers, with a really retro 1930s look. They drive a Ford pickup truck (naturally).
- This episode's title is sometimes given as "The Dynasty Belohnung: 1 Million Dollars," for example in the YahooTv online entry.
- A fine red Shelby Cobra is the car that the kidnap victim is driving.
- Actor Russell Johnson was, of course, the Professor on Gilligan's Island. This was one of Mr. Johnson's first acting jobs after the cancellation of the series. As of 24 July 2006, he is one of three living cast members from the series.
- Ed (Lou Grant) Asner makes his second appearance on the series. He and William Reynolds appear in all three episodes, which includes a first season show, when Mr. Reynolds was also a guest star!
- Martin Sheen makes an appearance here.
- The 1963 Blue/White Ford ambulance is in the airport scene.